Howe Robinson Partners was formed in April 2015 by the merger of Howe Robinson Group and the Shipping division of ICAP plc, creating one of the largest privately owned shipbroking houses in the world, employing over 180 brokers across a global network of 11 offices.
The Howe Robinson Group of companies traces its origins to the foundation of Howe Robinson and Co Ltd in the City of London in 1883. It has since grown to become one of the world’s largest privately owned shipbroking companies. It currently operates a shipbroking team of some 300 people in 11 different countries. It provides comprehensive shipbroking services to its global client base in the tanker, containership, dry bulk and offshore markets. Its shipbrokers are active in newbuilding contracting, sale and purchase, demolition, and chartering, as well as in providing valuation, and market research services.
The Howe Robinson Group moved its headquarters to Singapore in 2011, when it incorporated Howe Robinson Group Pte Ltd as its holding company.
The company has grown organically and through a number of acquisitions since it re-established its independence in 1988, when an MBO team, headed by Peter Kerr-Dineen and David Lewis, restructured its previous joint ventures with the Jardine Matheson Group. Since then it has acquired the businesses of Lambert Bros, Killick Martin, Erelebach Shipbrokers, R B Hunt and Partners, Angus Graham and Partners and Shyvers Savoy Shipping Ltd.
In its most recent move it established Howe Robinson Partners Pte Ltd in conjunction with ICAP PLC. HRG and ICAP transferred their shipbroking businesses to this new venture, thereby combining the activities of Howe Robinson with ICAP Shipping, which itself consisted of the businesses of Capital Shipbrokers, Island Shipbrokers and J E Hyde.
Please see our Terms and Conditions